1. 1 cup softened butter
2. 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
3. ¾ cup sugar
4. 2 tsp vanilla extract
5. 2 eggs
6. 1 tsp baking soda
7. 1 tsp baking powder
8. ½ tsp salt
9. 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
10. 1 cup quick cooking oats
11. 1 ½ cup coconut
And here's how you're going to do it.
1. First we need to make sure to preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Then we are going to cream together the 1 cup softened butter, 1 ¼ cup brown sugar, and ¾ cup of sugar.
3. Add one egg and mix it in until it is fully incorporated into the butter and sugars.
4. Add the second egg, and the 2tsp vanilla and mix until everything is evenly incorporated.
5. Add the baking soda, baking powder and salt and continue to mix until the ingredients are all well-distributed.
6. Add about ½ of your flour and mix until the flour is thoroughly incorporated.
7. Add the oats as well as the coconut if you choose to use it and mix until they are evenly distributed in the mixture.
8. Roll the dough into balls that are about 1.25 inches across.
9. Place the dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and leave about 2 inches between each cookie.
10. Bake for 8-10 minutes just until the edges are light brown.
11. After taking the cookies out of the oven let them cook on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Then move them to a cooking rack.
And then you have these yummy treats! Try them out for yourself and ENJOY! :)