10.31.2015

easy DIY bat costume.



Procrastinated on your Halloween outfit for tonight? Well, have no fear. Rach is here to save the day.



Here is a quick, easy, and CUTE outfit idea that you can make TONIGHT. Just in time for the festivities!  

AND you most likely have most of the materials you already need at home! 


What you need:
1. 6 ft x 4 ft black felt. (I used black sparkly felt, cause you know, you can never have too many sparkles)
2. Scissors
3. A stapler.
4. Safety pins. 
5. 2 Hair ties. 
6. Duck tape. 
7. A headband. 

Now, on to the directions... 


1. Cut your felt with this design. I suggest using chalk to draw the outline first, then start cutting. 

2. THEN, grab your two hair ties and staple them to where your wrists will be on the wings.

3. Then to put on your wings, put your wrists through the hair ties and then use safety pins to attack the top of the wings to your shirt (so it doesn't flop all over). I use about 4 safety pins and put them by my neck, and by my shoulders so the wings will hold their shape.

4. ON TO THE EARS. First, use the extra felt you have and cut out a "bat shaped ear" and make sure it's a little wide at the bottom.


5. Cut a slit on the bottom fourth of each ear and over lap the two sides. Staple where they over lap so your ears will stick up. 


6. Fold duck tape (so the sticky side of the ducktape is on the outside) and attack it to the ear's, then attach the ears to the headband. 


Wah-lah! Your outfit is done! Super simple and I think SUPER cute! 


Enjoy your Halloween folks! Stay safe! 





Photobucket

50 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I wish my costumes were more creative. Great job!

    Shae @ Current Habits

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea! So quick and easy...love it!

    Keisha xo
    www.thechrysalisgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great costume! It looks like something I could make. ♡♡

    xoxoBella | http://xoxobella.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I like that you went with the sparkly black felt :) Cute and simple, I love it.

    Amy | http://amypham.me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this outfit is soooo cute! :) <3 Thank you for sharing! Hope you had a fun Halloween, lovely! x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such a cute idea for a last minute costume - love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So creative! I DIY'd my costume too because I just hate to spend too much money on a costume. Maybe I will do this one next year!!

    Enclothed Cognition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah how fun! if you do, you should totally send over a picture of it! i'd love to see how it turns out!

      Delete
  8. Such a cute Halloween costume
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute!! Such a perfect DIY, and it looks like a simple one that anyone can do! :)

    StyledByBlondie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for real! so simple! and not many materials are needed!

      Delete
  10. Wow, so creative!

    http://mejorvensolo.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  11. If only I have read this earlier, I would have probably picked this to wear last night! What a witty and cute outfit :)

    Have a nice day!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute creative costume! :) Hope you had a great night!

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your diy bat costume...you are really creative. I like to make my own stuff too and I'm totally a DIY kind of gal!
    you look great btw.
    I have followed you with gfc. no.1126.

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! and yes, DIY is always the way to go!

      Delete
  14. This is such a cute and easy costume idea! Love it!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute, who wouldn't want to be a super sparkly bat

    http://whatkatiewatched.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look so cute! Such a great outfit idea!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm impressed by the headband- nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks so good, I can't believe how easy it was! I hope you had a lovely time xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
  19. amazing!!

    www.wonderlandclothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I will definitely have to remember this for next year!

    Wishes & Reality

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG super cute! I love the bat!! :)

    www.petiteandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG! I wish I could have seen this post before Halloween, I was struggling so hard for a last minute costume on the day of Halloween! Nice one Rach!

    xx Wendy
    http://livingvazzy.com/2015/10/i-was-so-ugly/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! and at least you have an idea for next year now!

      Delete
  23. Replies
    1. thanks so much! and it is SO easy! you should try it out!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on the blog! I will try to respond to as many comments as possible. If you would like a quicker response, please email me (rachg.423@gmail.com) or tweet me (@sohirach)!