Okay guys, it was Erika's birthday the other day and I decided I would make her a yummy cake.
And what makes a yummy cake even better? A rainbow, yummy cake.
And what makes a rainbow, yummy cake better?
A rainbow, yummy cake in a jar.
That's right, a rainbow jar cake. Better believe it.
It turned out wonderfully and she loved it. So since it was such a hit and it is so freakin' cute I decided I would give you guys the recipe. So here ya go!
- 1 Betty Crocker Super Moist white cake mix
- 1 Tub Betty Crocker Whipped Ready to Spread white frosting
- 3 egg whites (for cake mix)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (for cake mix)
- 1 1/4 cup water (for cake mix)
- Betty Crocker NEON food colors in neon pink, neon blue and neon purple
- Regular food colors in yellow, green, red and blue
- 4 (1-quart) jars. ( I used one jar and used the rest of the batter in a bread pan, though.)
- Non-stick cooking spray
1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2: Make the cake batter according to the jar.
3: Divide the batter into 5 bowls.
4: Add your selected colors!
5: Then pour about a forth of a cup of each color batter in layers in the jar. (Make sure to spray it with cooking spray before hand though!)
6: Place the jars in a glass pan that is filled with 1/4 inch of water.
7: Bake for 45-50 minutes. (When the cakes are done they should spring back to the touch)
8: Let it cool completely, then add icing and pretty sprinkles!
And there you have it! So cute, right? (But make sure to wipe off the batter inside the jar, I kind of forgot, but it still turned out cute!)
Here's the other cake, if you were interested in that.
Isn't it so pretty?! I'm thinking about making a red and green one for Christmas!