So, it's December 5th, AKA winter-time and it got me thinking, man I really do not enjoy winter. The cold, dry air is just not that fun to walk to class every day in (thank goodness this year is a mild winter, I don't think I could handle another winter like the past two years again).
But I'm trying to stay positive so I decided to post about my top 10 favorite things about winter. So here goes...
1. Being able to wear cozy sweaters.
2. Being able to gain some extra weight because you can hide it under those cozy sweaters.
3. The snow actually is, well, pretty.
4. HOLIDAY SEASON. Friends, family, a break off of school... what could be better?
5. Cuddling by the fire place. (I mean, what's better than acting like you are the star of a romantic comedy?)
6. Christmas decor, music, and an overall feeling of joy is also wonderful. Not to mention the sparkling of a lit Christmas tree is beautiful.
7. HOT BEVERAGES. I don't know about you, but I love hot lattes, chocolate, tea, etc. but I can't make myself drink these hot beverages when it is actually hot out. I should get over it, but I literally cannot drink a hot drink when it is over 70 degrees out.
8. Seeing children build their first snowman/have a snow ball fight. SO CUTE.
9. Seeing dogs play in the snow.
10. And last, but definitely not least, HOLIDAY FOOD. Mac N Cheese, mashed potatoes, pie, chex mix, stuffing, etc. It's all wonderful, and what's great is you can splurge during this time of the year because well...refer back to #2.