Today kicks off finals week for my school, and since I have a few years under my belt I figured I could provide some of you newbies with some tips to make it through this rough time in your life.
It really does suck, doesn't it?
Well I have compiled a list of the best way to prepare for finals and to not completely freak out. I hope it helps. Here goes...
1. Sleep. Literally this is SO IMPORTANT (take it from m I was a tutor for 3 years, I know my stuff.) It actually is better to look over your notes once and get a good nights sleep rather than cram the all night the night before. It's been scientifically proven. Swear.
2. Reward yourself while studying. Whether that be food, an hour of a tv show you love, or talking with friends. You need to take a break, so enjoy that break.
3. Never study for one subject longer than 3 hours. If you go past 3 hours, you are going to get no where. Your brain has already retained all of the information it is going to. Either switch subjects or take an hour break and come back to it.
4. Don't let anxiety get the best of you. I personally have a problem with this, and I am always working on trying to remind myself that grades really don't matter in the grand scheme of things. If you pass, you'll most likely be okay. And if you put in the work, you will be fine.
5. Remember this is only one week in your life, and regardless in 5 days it is going to be over and you are going to be home with your family enjoying break.
6. If you're a senior, don't let finals take over your last moment in college. Enjoy it to its full extent. You won't remember the tests, projects, and papers in 20 years, but you will remember going out with your friends for dollar tacos, getting drinks and reminiscing about the past four years, and just spending quality time with people you might not see again for 15 years.