I am a trendy girl, as you can probably tell. But I swore that I would never fall into the trend of the dreaded "Crop Top". But, I gave into the pressure of those cute little shirts that show off a little skin. I know. Weak.
BUT - To be honest I really like the look. The thing is, I think it looks best when you actually have boobs. See, I have a problem with that because well...I'm a small 34A (VS says 32B but I think that they are just messing with me). But you know what? I don't care. I am going to wear it even if it doesn't look the best on me. Because, well, I think they give off a fun/flirty feel. Which is totally awesome. So, I'm going to work it and I don't care what you say. ;)
Here are the quick and easy directions - and the pictures will hopefully help ya'll out, too. :)
What you need:
1 large t-shirt that you never wear. - Why would you cut up a shirt you wear?
A fabric marker if you want it to be perfect.
1. Lay the shirt on a flat surface - I used my bed. Probably not the best choice, but whatever.
2. Cut the neck of your shirt to be a "Scoop" neck (or a V-neck would look cool, too, maybe?).
3. Cut the sleeves off in a a"Banana" cut. (If I don't make sense, just look at the picture. Lol.)
4. Cut the bottom of the shirt in another "Banana" cut. Just cut it to however short you want it to be. I made mine so it hit just under my belly-button.
5. MAKE SURE IT'S ALL EVEN. It looks so much better that way.
6. If your sleeves are too deep, or hang on your body too low then you can also take a pretty ribbon and tie the back. I didn't do it to mine because mine fit well, but if you use a really big t-shirt you might have to.
If any of you end up trying this out, lemme know how it looks! And if you post it on your blog I would love to have you link me up to it and let me know! I would love to see how they all turn out! :)
PS: Top photo - weheartit.com