10.21.2011

winter essentials.


I don't know about you guys, but all I see when the first snow hits is Northface coats, Uggs, and leggings. Blah. 

So I figured I would help some of you out with some inspiration for the upcoming winter. You can look cute, AND unique. All at once. 

Now, don't get me wrong, all of those clothing items are cute! But for my taste a little too, well, common. So don't hate on what I'm saying. Please. 



First off. Instead of the boring black Northface coat - Try a cute trench or tweed jacket. Super chic, I must say.





Need some boots? How about these babies. Or some cute wedge boots if you are into that sort of thing. 




And try to pair them with something comfy, yet different. Go for the leggings, but try these out instead of the normal black leggings. Go for olive, or navy, gray, a dark purple? Heck, try some sparkles out too. 

 



Don't forget your gloves either! :)



OH! And if I catch annnnyyyy of you wearing this.

I will be very disappointed. 






Have a wonderful day, friends. :)

Oh! And if you would like to decorate my blog with your lovely buttons over on the left hand side, look here. :)




PS: Photo's from weheartit.com

18 comments:

  1. bahah. thats too funny! uggs and sweats is a definite no-go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true...I'm already seeing the black leggings under Nike shorts look as well...*sigh* Crossing my fingers for some creativity this winter season. I should just direct every girl I see to this post! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! Uggs and sweats have never been my cup of tea :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA Uggs n' sweats. Oh boy. Nooo thank youuu. hahah!
    This was such a great post! Thanks for reminding us that we CAN be fashionable AND cozy at the same time (:

    xo
    rachelsayumi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely going to bookmark this page for my winter shopping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your selections and I totally agree with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, great piece of advice at the end, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CUTE!

    i will admit, i have those sweats...just in black and longer. and NEVER with Uggs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. More like UGHS ;)

    Love your chic choices- that spotted coat is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So so so true!
    Uggs and sweat pants are for being lazy in the comfort of your house :)

    Love, Paris

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cute! I just don't want it to get cold =/

    xoJenn

    imperfection-isbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. great post... i love winter cuddle clothes but the CUTE ones. But I will admit you will find me in class during finals in my PINK sweats.

    -grace

    http://herumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. posts like these make me want to live somewhere cold...but i'd rather be sporting my swimsuit anyway... i am diggin' the blog, i'll be back for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just bought my first pair of sweater tights and I am SO excited to wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with you 100% on the Uggs & sweats thing. I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. im living in my 'hobo' cardy, big scarf, chelsea boots and leggings ^_^
    Rosie xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. @rosie - that sounds so comfy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on the blog! I will try to respond to as many comments as possible. If you would like a quicker response, please email me (rachg.423@gmail.com) or tweet me (@sohirach)!